9 Mart 2019 Cumartesi

Mayor of Nationalist Party MHP shouts at, slaps, curses, and fires a female employee on International Women’s Day

Haluk Alicik, current mayor of Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) and mayoral nominee for the upcoming local election for People’s Alliance, an electoral coalition with the ruling AK Party, shouted at, slapped, cursed and sacked a woman in the western province of Nazilli on International Women’s Day.

The incident, which took place in the municipality building in front of other workers, was reportedly recorded by the beaten woman in an effort to protect herself and her rights. Every detail regarding the incident can be seen and heard in the recording.

“What did I do wrong?” the female employee is heard asking. “I have done everything you asked of me so far. How can you say that I don’t work well? I only want you to change my work situation. You cut my salary ten times. I work here for a salary of only 1,350 TL (around 220 €). I did what you asked. I have never been rude to you. I wanted you to listen to me for just five minutes,” said the employee in the recording.

After the mayor left the scene, an official next to him prevented the woman from going outside.

Ironically, on the same day, President Tayyip Erdogan, leader of the AK Party, released a press briefing for the celebration of International Women’s Day.

“As we have been tenaciously heading towards our 2023 vision, we are determined to improve the status of our women, the crown of our heads, in all fields. Respect for women is the foundation of our values, traditions, history and social life. It is a humanitarian task to place next to women when they are faced with injustice and discrimination,” the president said in the release.

Guards sexually harass female visitors in Turkey’s prisons, Opposition MP cries out

The post Mayor of Nationalist Party MHP shouts at, slaps, curses, and fires a female employee on International Women’s Day appeared first on IPA NEWS.



from IPA NEWS https://ipa.news/2019/03/09/mayor-of-nationalist-party-mhp-shouts-at-slaps-curses-and-fires-a-female-employee-on-international-womens-day/

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder