2 Ağustos 2019 Cuma

Polling company owner assaulted by mob in Istanbul 

The owner of Turkey’s leading polling company SONAR was attacked on Tuesday by an unknown mob group in Istanbul, the T24 news portal reported on Thursday.

The assault on Hakan Bayrakci reportedly took place on a street in the Mecidiyekoy neighborhood.

“It was a planned attack. The attackers picked a quarrel for no reason. Strangely, none of them spoke to me. [While attacking] a person would normally say why he is angry with. They attacked me in a professional act,” Bayrakci told the OdaTV news website.

Bayrakci said the attack may be revenge of a previous dispute with a political figure, referring to Semih Yalcin, deputy leader of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP).

SONAR’s owner had a harsh row with MHP’s Yalcin during a live broadcast in 2017.

“He [Yalcin] severely criticized me and I panned him as well. I was at fault since I criticized him, while everybody [in the program] was criticizing him. Some of my acquaintances from MHP sent me messages at the time, saying I should leave the program before its end,” said Bayrakci.

Having bruises and cuts on his body and face, Bayrakci said he did not lodge a complaint about the incident in fear of follow-up attacks.

AK Party member threatens to kill Istanbul’s deposed mayor

The post Polling company owner assaulted by mob in Istanbul  appeared first on IPA NEWS.



from IPA NEWS https://ipa.news/2019/08/02/polling-company-owner-assaulted-by-mob-in-istanbul/

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder